1. Why did you become a London Taxi driver ?
I become a cabby as I believed it was a great career that offered freedom and drive around the best city in the world. Plus I loved driving and being outdoors.
2. What did you do before you became a Taxi driver ?
Only had 2 jobs before being a cabby and they were a cycle mechanic after leaving school then a milkman. So only 3 jobs in my life.
3. What do you love most about London ?
The history and diversity. You love London because it's London
4. What do you most dislike about London ?
Not a lot really...
5. Are you a day man or night man reason why ?
Both.... It gives you a taste of all the aspects of life in a big city
6. What is your favourite place or view ?
Alexandra palace gives the greatest view
7. Have you got an interesting fact about London that others may not know ?
There's a streetlamp off the embankment that's still powered by methane Sewer gases
8. Who's the most famous passenger you've had in your Taxi ?
Blonde (Debbie Harry)
9. Have you got an interesting story about a passenger or job you've done ?
Too many really, but there's a lady I've been picking up for a few years on a taxi card job who's now 105
10. What tips would you give to a tourist ?
Always use a licensed taxi in London, and if possible get a knowledgable cabby to show you as much as possible.
Thank you Mark. We would also like to wish Mark well as he is helping take some seriously ill children on a Magical Taxi Tour to Disneyland Paris with 200 other Taxis this Friday on a 3 day trip of a lifetime.
Safe journey Mark & hope you all have a great time.