1. Why did you become a London Taxi driver ?
I became a taxi driver cos I was caring for my poorly Mum, who needed care round the clock & driving a taxi would give me the flexibility & allow me to look after her. I did the yellow badge 1st as I couldn't dedicate the time needed for green badge whilst caring for my Mum
2. What did you do before you became a Taxi driver ?
I was working in a shop prior to becoming a taxi driver
3. What do you love most about London ?
The thing I love about London most is the cosmopolitan nature & multiculturalism of the City. And the sheer relentless energy of the place
4. What do you most dislike about London ?
As am getting older, and becoming more of an outdoors person, I find the quality of life in London is poor as you're constantly on the go
5. Are you a day man or night man reason why ?
Night man. I could only work nights when I looked after my mum (I'd work while she slept) and I guess I just got used to that. I find nights more exciting & colourful. London comes alive
6. What is your favourite place or view ?
The St Pancras station without doubt. What a fabulous building. So majestic & beautiful
7. Have you got an interesting fact about London that others may not know ?
This is a very poor attempt by me, but I genuinely can't think of any.
8. Who's the most famous passenger you've had in your Taxi ?
I think it’s probably, Dermot O'Leary. A really nice bloke
9. Have you got an interesting story about a passenger or job you've done ?
Got a few interesting ones working nights but couldn't possibly tell you!
10. What tips would you give to a tourist ?
London is a fabulous melting pot of cultures & food. Enjoy every bit of it. Visiting once probably is never going to be enough so make plans to visit again. And always use a black cab